1. Teaching aims:
1. Train the students’ reading ability.
2. Enable the students to realize ...
3. Stimulate(激发) the students’ interest and ...
2. Teaching methods:
1. Fast reading to get general idea of the text.
2. Careful reading to understand the passage better.
3. Teaching procedures(程序)：
Use some pictures of ... to lead in the topic.
Step 2 Pre-reading
1. Play a guess game: ...
2. Play another guess game: ...
Step 3 Predict(预测)
1. Ask the students to predict what the reading passage talks about according to the title and illustrations(插图) of passage. The teacher can give some clues by talking about the illustrations:
Step 4 Skimming(略读)
1. Let the students skim the whole passage to get the main idea, then evaluate their predictions. During this activity, the teacher should give some guidance(指导) on reading skills.
Main idea of the passage:
2. Let the students skim the passage and divide it into different parts to find out the main idea of every part an the topic sentences.
Part 1 (paragraph 1...)
Step 5 Careful reading
Ask the students to scan the second part and complete the chart(图表)with information from the passage.
Ask the students to read carefully and finish the following tasks:
...Read the statements and decide whether it is true or false and give the reason.